Monday, January 13, 2014

Just your typical week in Madagascar

       Hello again loved ones! It's that time again, where I sit in front of a blank email and try to fill it up with the adventures I had during the week. Except it doesn't even seem like it's been a week since my last email at all... It went by suuuuuuper fast. Some weeks just go by faster than others I suppose.

       Not a whole lot of interesting things happened this past week. Not much going on other than the usual. Everything is still quiet after the election news, so that's a good thing. Still way hot here! It's funny, when I first got here, everyone was telling me that November is when it would really start getting hot. Then when November was up, it was December that it was really supposed to get cookin. Now everyone's been saying it only gets hotter into February. To be honest, I really haven't noticed a difference. Ever since I got here, all it's been is hot and muggy to me. Haven't felt it get hotter. Maybe I'm just kinda used to it now or something. The other missionaries have told me that Tana actually gets way cold. That sounds like heaven to me right now. Haha I'm not in any hurry to get out of Tamatave right now, but when it comes time to leave I'd be pretty down to bounce to Tana or somewhere else where it's cooler and dryer (which is practically anywhere else). Speaking of, we'll have transfer news by the time I email next week! The past 6 weeks have flown by... Crazy how another one is just about here. There's a small chance I could be getting transferred this time, but it'll most likely happen in the one after. It'll be exciting to see what happens in the next couple months!

       A couple days ago I got to go on a split with another missionary in our district, Elder Eppich. He's a way cool guy. He came in the same group as Elder Moulton. We taught in our area, so I got to lead yet again. It's always a great learning experience for me though. It stretches me more with the language having to lead all the lessons for the day. The Malagasy is still a little rough. Like a cabinet door, just need to break a few edges, grind out the cross scratches with an orbital, and 505 and scotchbrite until it's nice and smooth. But I'm getting there. Everyone has been telling me that I speak very mazava and that it's very clear what I say. That's been a big boost of confidence for me. Plus I can at least get a good jist of what everyone else is saying, even with this crazy dialect. Overall, still learning, but still steadily improving too.

        Not much else I can think of to say. Another good week in good ol' Mada. Still keeping plenty busy with all the people we teach. It's looking like we'll have a few baptisms coming up in a couple weeks, so I'm pretty excited about that. Anyhoo, you guys are the best! Every week I have a fat pile of emails waiting for me which always makes my day. Thank you all for your love and support for me :) Talk at you all tomorrow! (Or at least it'll feel like tomorrow) Tiako ianareo!! Amin'ny herina indray!


-Elder Mum

Kinda failed at taking pictures this week... But I'll do my best to get a good collection for next time! This one kinda sums up the past couple of days well. It's been very cloudy and rainy, a nice break from the sun beating down on us all the time!

Our house! -18.148184,49.391629. If you type these coordinates into Google Earth, it should take you to the house I live at! Just a random thing I thought you guys might like.

No comments:

Post a Comment