Monday, September 15, 2014

TGIPday

Salama daholo! Jijinareo? Holy moly we are already well into September! It feels like it just started to be honest. The time never ceases to amaze me. And it still just keeps going faster and faster. Just trying to make the most of the time I have left!

To be honest, this week was kinda... Well. One of those weeks. Still not bad, just not a whole lot to say about it. It seemed like about every scheduled time we had dogged us. The power cut out quite a bit this week, so that was one thing people used as an excuse. It seemed like there were more fahorianas (funerals) than normal this week. And most the time the people just weren't home. Then we'd try some back up plans and still nothing. Haha. I think you get the the idea. We were still able to squeeze quite a few lessons out, just not as many as usual. Which means we got to do more contacting! Fun stuff. I've also gotten to know the area a lot better. I made a map and I know exactly where I am. Sometimes I feel like I'm a worker guy in Starcraft scouting out unknown territories. Yes, that was a very nerdy game reference in case you didn't quite get that. But yes, still looking or new peeps and also looking to bring back old peeps. That's the name of the game! Or you know... Work of Salvation. :)

This week we were also able to get baptismal interviews done. One for and investigator named Sylvia and another for a guy named Yvon. And since we're kinda isolated out here with no District Leader, Zone Leader, or Assistants, the newest missionary to the area gets to do them, that's me! It's so cool doing interviews and seeing that desire and worthiness for baptism. I guess that's kinda the spiritual experience I had for the week. It's always a special thing to get to know how far these people have come and to see that they're ready to take that step. They both also said they wanted me to do their baptisms. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but Mahajanga is the only place in the mission that still does baptisms in the ocean. So this saturday I'll get to do that! I guess you could say I'm pretty sambatra. I'm super excited for it, and my lack of pictures this week will hopefully be made up for with pictures of that.

I don't have a whole lot to kabary about other than that for the week. I'm sorry this email isn't very exciting... I'm still loving it here. It's a little warm, but in a place like this you don't really think about it too much. We ride bikes, as you could tell from the pictures, except these ones work! The branch is still pretty small, about 90 at church every week. We desperately need someone who knows how to play the keyboard. Haha. I've thought about trying, but I simply don't have the time to practice. Who knows, maybe I'll get the guts to try sometime. We could sure use Sister Bailey here! Haha. Those were just some random last minute things I could think of. I didn't get many pics up, but I did get some more of the house, so mankafiza! As you can see it needs a little cleaning which we'll get to today. I know I need to take LOTS more pictures while I'm still here and I promise I'll get my fahazotoana back up. In the mean time, love you all! Have an awesome week!

Thatcrazykidoutinmadland,

Elder Mumford











The showskies





TGIPday

No comments:

Post a Comment