Monday, August 18, 2014

The Mission Gets Wilder

Hello daholo!!! Ohhhhh man. Yes. I do know all about transfers. And yes, something somewhat big is happening to me. But... I guess it's not all that important, so it can wait ;) No peeking!!!

So you probably noticed my subject line is Beans. We had a soiree at a member's house on monday and they served me up a big juicy bowl of rice and loaka with beans in it. And yes I ate it. If you all remember the last time I had it I was destroyed for a couple days afterwards so you might wonder why the heck I ate them again. Well. I figured it might've just been something else in the food the last time. But it turns out that I got sick again because of it. For two days. It was not pretty... Haha. I guess it was kindof a stupid risk to take, but at least now I know that it is in fact the beans. I guess my body just doesn't handle too much of it. I was in the house for 2 days. And like all sick days, they are the longest ever. Just sitting in bed. Fun stuff.

Well by Thursday I was up and back on my feet again, and I had a split with the zone leaders, which one of them happens to be Elder Fisher! So I got to spend the day with him in my area. It was fun to catch up a little and to work alongside him again. He said he's impressed with my malagasy and that I've really improved since when I was with him, so that made me feel good :) The day was kinda interesting because times were falling through left and right. Same with backup plans. But we got to do a little tracting which isn't so bad, not the ideal. But overall it was fun being with him. Now he's off to Fort Dauphin. Lucky guy ;) But I think what I have in store is just about as cool. But I'm not giving it away just yet ;) The week overall went kinda slow. It's amazing how two days away from the malagasy and everything puts you in a funk. So the past few days I've just been getting back in the rhythm of it all. Nothing really new or much exciting happened this week to be honest. Transfer news weeks are always interesting because you have to wait all week just to know what's gonna happen to you. But now I finally know :)

Oh we did have a Mormon Helping Hands project this week. We went to a school and we cleared a plot of land that was covered with weeds and stuff. I guess they're getting it ready for botanical stuff. It was pretty fun, we got to wear these nice yellow jerseys. No, I didn't get to keep it, but I got pictures. And the computer I have today doesn't let me upload pics, but next week! And apparently we were on TV too! Well, Madagascar TV. But still! The Bishop said if you type in 'MATV Mormon Helping Hands' or maybe even 'MATV Mormona manome tanana' you might be able to see it on YouTube. I would check, but ya know... I kinda can't. So feel free to try it!

Okay, well I haven't really been able to think about anything else other than the news and I have a lot to get on to with Pday anyways, so I guess I'll just spill the beans (pun intended). So Elder Mumford is going to! Drumroll.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Mahajanga!!! Yup. I'm going to Mahajanga :) I'll explain just a little for all who are wondering what that is. So it's another beach province on the northwest coast. I don't know a whole lot about it at the moment, but I've seen pictures and it looks way cool! Plus it's one of the two places in the mission where there's baobab trees. So pictures to come of those for sure!! It's a two-man province, so it'll just be me and my new companion out there. His name is Elder Razaza...somethingsomethingsomething, and he's a malagasy. I don't know if he's good at English, so if not I could lose my English. Haha but we'll see! I've heard he's a great guy and it'll be good to work with him. I fly out on Sunday. Yes you heard me, I'm FLYING there. It'll be a nice change from a taxibe :) So yeah. I didn't get much sleep last night. I'm pretty dang excited :) Here's to a whole new wild adventure!!

Well I'm gonna get going, we probably won't have much time at the cyber today. But I sure do love you all! I'll talk to you again when I'm on the coast!!


Tiako ianareo!

No comments:

Post a Comment