Monday, March 10, 2014

A Sick Week. Literally...

Manahoana daholo eo! Manahoana ny fahasalamana? Well, I can tell you that my fahasalamana hasn't been all that great this week. Oh and fahasalamana means health. SO there's your Malagasy word for the week. Yay! Haha. Anyways, it's been another interesting week. It started off well though. Like I was saying last time, me and Elder Bowler got to be on a 3 day split, since his comp was done with his mission. It was fun the time I got to be with him. It was fun to relive some MTC memories too, haha good times. Monday night, we went and visited a recent convert family, taught a small lesson, and had dinner with them. Elder Bowler is suuuuuper mahay. By the end, everyone just loved him because of how good he speaks. It made me a little jealous... Haha. But everyone has their talents I suppose. I learned quite a bit from him while he was here, so that was good!

The next day is kinda where it all started going downhill. Elder Connault was sick, and by that time his comp was gone too so Elder Bowler stayed and babysat while I went to work with a ward missionary. Except by the time I got back to the house I started feeling a little something. Then when I woke up the next day I had a small fever with a pretty bad sore throat and all stuffed up. I called the nurse, got some meds in me, and got some rest. So that's what I did that day, and it was the longest day of my life. I know this is what every missionary is supposed to say, but I really do like being out and able to work, especially now because in the past few weeks I've gotten to the point in my Malagasy where I really enjoy talking to people and teaching. So was pretty bummed to stay in.

Then the day after that I was feeling a little better, so we decided to get out and test the waters and kinda take it easy. We got to work in Itaosy that day. Now that we have to work in both areas, we split the time so that every other day we're in Ampitatafika and the rest of the time we're in Itausy. SO far I've really enjoyed the other area. It's always fun to see new faces and get to know new people. We spent Thursday and Saturday there while I led Ampitatafika on Friday. I was still moving kinda slow, but I still felt okay to work, so I went on ahead. Then yesterday morning hit me again, and I was pretty much back where I was on Wednesday. The small fever came back and I didn't have much choice but to get some more rest. I hate being sick! Well, I suppose nobody really likes it... Haha but still. Sorry if this email seems like I'm   putting on a pitty party for myself. I really don't mean to do that. That's just kinda been the story of the week. Not a whole lot else to share, just trying to recuperate and hopefully get back to 100% for the coming week.

Oh and I was just thinking and this week was my 1 year mark from when I opened my mission call! It's just so hard for me to believe it's already been that long. I remember it so vividly. I had just gotten back from Logan, I was in my favorite purple Utah Jazz shirt and basketball shorts with my hair so spiked up it almost touched the ceiling. Haha things have changed just a little since then. Okay, maybe just the hair ;) Looking back at the way I reacted, it must've been pretty entertaining to watch with me just bouncing off the walls! Haha oh man. I still get a little rush when I think about it. And it just reminds me how blessed I am to be out here. I mean anywhere I could've gone would've been awesome, but I think Madagascar is a pretty good fit for me. I'm still loving it out here! Life is good!

Well, I'm gonna get on to some other emails and put some pictures up on Photobucket for y'all. I might not be here too long, we're gonna try to get back to the house for some more rest. But I love you all! Thanks for all the emails and love you all send me every week! It means more to me than you'll ever know! 'Til next week! Tiako ianareo!!!

-Elder Mumf

No comments:

Post a Comment