Monday, May 26, 2014

Ao Tsara

Howdy y'alls! Manaokory. Mbo soa avao! Yeah, I learned a little teny Toliary this week from one of our investigators. Who knows, maybe I'll get sent there one day. In my dreams maybe. Haha. Anyways, it's been another good week here. To be honest, this one seemed to go a little slow, which I think it's because the week of transfer news is always like that in anticipation of what's gonna happen. But still a good week. It's hard to believe another transfer has gone by. Time keeps on moving, but are we? Yes.

That awkward moment when I run out of things to say and it's only the second paragraph. Not a whole lot happened out of the normal. Luckily I haven't been sick at all this week. But we did eat at that member's house again this week and it claimed another victim, Elder Hull. Haha. He had the exact same problems with his intestines and... Yeah. It didn't smell very good. But now it's safe to say that we will never eat at that member's again. The reason we go over there is because there's an investigator that lives with them who we teach. But then after we're done with the lesson they tell us to eat with them. This week we'll have to find a way out, even if we have to tell a little white lie to get out of it :)

We did have another cool experience. So we went to one of our investigator's houses that was kinda out in the middle of nowhere. But we get there and there's a lock on the door. Very mahakamo right? Yeah. And it was already getting a little late, so we decided to make our way back to catch a bus so that we could finish the night working closer to our house. But right as we were walking there was a lady that was yelling, "Misionera misionera!" from her little balcony. We went and she asked us if we preached the Book of Mormon and we started getting a little excited and told her that of course we did! She immediately invited us in and there was her family. We got talking and it turns out they had learned from the missionaries a little over a year ago back in Antsirabe. They ended up moving because of work here in Tana and they haven't seen the church or missionaries since they got here. But they had kept the copy of the Book of Mormon they received from the missionaries and I guess they've been looking for the church since  but with no luck. So it was a blessing for all of us in that we were able to find them and that they are now learning with us! Way cool. They're still not vita soratra, legally married, but they say they're still working on that. They're way smart too. So I'm hoping as we go along that we'll see real progress with them and they'll eventually make it to the temple one day. That's the ultimate goal. But yeah, there's your cool story for the week!

Other than that, not really much to share. I know, I'm lame... But I'm still an alive and a happy boy. We're still making some progress with the investigators we have and hopefully by next week we'll have some baptisms. So we're getting ready for that. We've also shifted our focus a little. We discovered that there's actually a lot of less actives in Ampitatafika, so instead of doing porte a porte we're going to make more of an effort to reach out to the less actives and to help strengthen what we already have in the ward. But yeah, overall the work is still going well.

The transfer news didn't affect me at all which wasn't a surprise. But it turns out that Elder Connault will be heading off to Reunion. He's excited and I'm excited for him. Not gonna lie, if I got transferred there I'd be pretty bummed. But hopefully he'll find success there. We've been through a lot and I'm gonna miss that Conoober.

Anyways, I think that'll do it for the week. I'll get some pics up and catch up on emails. Love you all!!! Have a mahafinaritra week!

Ny kibo tsy mba lamosina!

Tiako ianareo!

-Elder Mumfy










When Elder Hull was sick I had a little time... So I looked through my pictures and decided to do a little something to remember Grandpa Mumford. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment