Monday, May 19, 2014

Beans.

Manahoana tompoko! Hey there again :) How's life going for everyone? Hope all is well! Everything here is still moving along. Honestly, it feels like it's been a little while since I wrote an email like this, but I guess it has been a couple of weeks! That Skype was so awesome by the way. There's just nothing like seeing and talking to everyone! And it was good to find everyone looking and doing well.

Let's see... Well I guess I have 2 weeks to catch up on. I'll start with a little about the week before last. Nothing really out of the ordinary. We did do a little streetboarding competition with our zone. Streetboarding is a lot like skateboarding except completely different. Haha. Helpful right? So each companionship made a little board with some things about the church with some pictures on it to get people's attention. I've got pictures of it that I'll add on rehefa avy eo! But yeah, we ended up kinda teaming up as a district, Ampitatafika, Itaosy, and Tanjombato. We went to this place that touches all three of our areas. But because of that, all of the people we came in contact with were from different areas. It would've been nice to get a few contacts for our area, but oh well. We're all in this together. And we know who we are... Haha okay I'll stop with the High School Musical sing-along, but you get the point. Oh and the other thing that happened. So I was telling you guys about this at the Skype, but I'll write about it anyways. We went to this place called Alakamisy that's wayyyyyyy out in the middle of nowhere. So it was an adventure for us. The reason we went all the way out there is because there's a family there that's been coming to church who want to learn from the missionaries. One of them is already a member, but got the others interested. They're amazing. When they don't have enough money to take a bus, they walk out 2 and a half hours to get to church. Talk about faith! I really hope that they can just stick with it, because I know the Lord has many blessing for them if they continue and eventually get baptised and enjoy to the end. Such a testimony builder for me! But yeah, way cool experience there.

This past one has been a little interesting. I mean when isn't it right? But we had more times fall through than usual as well as the back-up plans. And when that happens, what do we do? Yep. Finding! We got to do 6 hours of it. I guess I really can't complain, I know in most missions 6 hours of contacting in a week is nothing. But I actually don't mind it much. I think it's fun getting out and exploring new places we've never tried and meeting new people. We're also working with the ward to get some more referrals and so far that's worked out well. We're starting to see some results from all the finding and we're starting to have a program full of appointments, so that's exciting. The investigators we teach are still doing alright. There have been a few unexpected problems that have come up. The couple that was supposed to get vita soratra this week had problems with their paperwork so they couldn't. But they say it's a for sure thing this week, so I'm really hoping it goes through. There's another one of our investigators who has a baptism date coming up soon, but we talked about the Word of Wisdom and it turns out that he smokes 3 cigarettes a day. Not a huge deal, he says he's still trying to quit completely, so hopefully he can do that soon. So not really huge problems, but ones that will still require a little waiting. So the baptisms we had planned for this upcoming saturday will probably be pushed back to early June sometime. Still looking forward to that!

This past Saturday was... Not pretty. Haha. I got a little sick. The night before that we had dinner at a member's house, who by the way is probably the richest family on this side of Tana. Anyways, I guess the meal didn't sit too well with me because the next morning my stomach was all in knots and I was completely out of it. Haha. Elder Hull wouldn't even stay in the same room as me because it smelled so bad... Haha. I don't think I need to go into too much detail. But it took me all day to get it whatever was bugging me out of my system. I'm pretty sure it was all the beans I had. And the sausages. Haha. But now I'm just like new! The reason I tell you all that story... Well I guess there isn't really one, it was just something interesting that happened. You're welcome :)

Well I can't really think of much else that's been going on outside of the usual. Things are still going well. Elder Hull is still a little awkward with his malagasy, but I was certainly there too! He's improving though and I'm learning more and more from this experience as well. This is the last week before transfer news... So weird how the time goes by. I highly doubt anything is going to happen to me because me and Elder Hull are on what they call a 12 week training program. But ya just never know. More and more missionaries are leaving than coming in. More areas are going to be closing and with the last 3 transfers being curveballs, I'm not even gonna try to guess what'll be thrown my way next. But we shall see!

I think that's about all for now. I'll get on to other things and of course get some much anticipated pictures up. Sure do love you guys. Tiako ianareo!!! Mandra-pihaona indray!

-Elder Rakotolavabe

       So I was uploading pictures onto photobucket and it was being super slow and then all of a sudden the computer just shut off. Technology isn't my friend today. But we have to go now. There might be a few that made it on, but I'll get the rest on soon, I promise! You guys are the best!

-Elder Mumford







No comments:

Post a Comment