Monday, October 27, 2014

Ny Fihaonamben'ny Fiangonana!

Hey hey everyone! Don't have a whole lot of time left before we need to go, but I'll try to get in a good update. Everything is still going well here and I'm feeling better. I just had a dumb cold that's been hangin around, but it's all but gone now. Just a little stuffed up, but that's all. It's still way hot here, but what can ya do? Still loving it out here in Mahajanga though.

So this week we got to watch Conference with our branch! It was good to finally get to see all the stuff you all have been talking about from it. I'll probably have to watch it all again in English to get the full experience, but it was still tsara! I was kinda surprised. Back in the days of the MTC when we listened to what a conference talk in Malagasy I didn't think I'd ever be able to understand anything. Well now I can pretty much understand it all. The thing about conference is they use a wide vocabulary, so there was still some things I learned from it which was good. But yeah, it was fun listening to it all in Malagasy. But at the same time listening to straight Malagasy for a long time was tiring, so I took some notes and doodled a little (jereo Photobucket). As you can see I was getting a lot out of it! Haha. But yeah, it started Saturday morning. Funny story, but kindof not, right before the person saying the prayer was about to close the conference with 'amen', the power went out. So everyone was kindof just sitting there awkwardly wondering what to do since the session wasn't officially ended. Haha. But we were all excused and came back two hours later to catch the next session and the power was still out! We waited for a little bit but still nothing, so we went out to work. It was kinda sad we missed the Saturday Afternoon Session, but we'll probably set up another time for everyone to watch it. The next day the power was actually working, so we got to watch all of Sunday and then the Priesthood Session for the men. During that one I was thinking about home a lot and what we'd do afterwards. Going and getting Jamba Juice... Mmm :) Just one more conference to go! How crazy is that?? I may have 9 months left, but that seems next to nothing to me now! Such little time. Gotta make the most of it.

Other than that I can't really think of a whole lot else that's new. The work is still going well. We've worked more through referrals and also returned to some former investigators that seem pretty promising in this go around. I don't really have a whole lot to share this week.. The mish is weird, if you don't write down specific things that happen, the weeks all fee l the exact same! So I'll be better at doing that. Part of it is just because I'm in a little rush right now and still not feeling 100%. But rest assured that I'm still alive and well out here. I love you all and hope you have a great week!! Tiako ianareo!!

-Elder Mumford :)


Talk about successful conference notetaking!



Robert D. Hales when he speaks malagasy...

No comments:

Post a Comment