Monday, January 12, 2015

Soaked through

Howdy all! Well it certainly is good to be back writing to you all. I actually just got back from playing basketball at the office. It's been too long since I've played! I think I've lost a little bit of my hops and the shot is a little rusty, but I just need to grease those hinges and practice up a little and I'm sure I'll be ready for some more church ball when I get back. Man I love Pdays.

This week we got to have interviews with President Adams and it went pretty well I'd say. When we sat down he opened up his binder with all the release dates and he says, "It's coming up!" Haha. It certainly is. We basically just talked about my mission in general, and I think I almost cried when I talked about Mahajanga. I want to go back there so bad!! But if I make it big or something I'll be back one day. We talked about lessons learned and all that Jazz. He told me he noticed a lot more confidence and maturity in me compared to when I first got there. Before the mish I was a pretty quiet person and even now I'd say I still am. But now I have absolutely no problem just going up and striking up a conversation with someone whether it's on the bus or on the street. I've learned to be patient with myself. Especially with the language. Even though Malagasy is a simple language, it's one of the hardest to learn just because it is so different, just everything. But I'm still working hard at it and it's been a real blessing to me to be able to talk in this crazy language. But yeah, the interview went well and it was a good reflection into the past and how far I've come.

Other than the interview, not much outside of the normal happened this week. I thought things would pick up more with the work here, but it hasn't changed a whole lot. I think in general the work kinda goes slow in 67ha. But I'm here to change that. So hopefully with our hard work we'll see some changes. We have a few investigators who are pretty solid for baptism in late January or early February. We're still working with some less actives too. We have a lot of RMs who are less active even. The Bishop too is kinda borderline. I think I've seen him a grand total of 3 times since I've been here. There's no ward council because the first one to leave after the block is the Bishop himself. So there's one of the little challenges we're facing. Let's just say it's a work in progress over here. Oh and we also figured out the 67ha is one of the filthiest places that missionaries are allowed to serve if not the filthiest. Somebody heard that Mada is the dirtiest place you can serve and 67ha is the dirtiest place in Mada so I guess it adds up :) Haha I'm not sure if that gives me bragging rights or what. Just kinda interesting fact there. I still don't mind this place too much though. It just leaves a little to be desired sometimes.

It's been raining here SO much. Literally everyday there's rain at some point in the day. And most the time it just dumps rain as you're trying to find a bus to get home. One night it took us an hour and a half to get back from trying to catch a bus and from the ridiculous traffic. Shoes just water logged and all the rain even rendered my rain jacket completely useless. Haha but I've learned from it and use my umbrella wherever I go. Plus I bought a pair of slip on shoes to put on when we get to wade in floods. Oh yeah! It just adds a little spice to the adventure :) I have pics, but once again I got another lame computer that won't let me upload pics. I promise I'll get some up sometime!! There not quite as beautiful as the ones I took in Mahajanga, but I try to get a good story behind every one.

Anyways, if any of this letter makes it sound like I'm miserable out here, then that is wrong. I still love it out here in Madagascar. Things are just a little different that's all. Still getting used to the new area too. I'm good! And doing my best to keep it that way.

Well I really am out of things to say and I'm a little rushed. Joy of Pdays! I love you all! Have a great week! Tiako ianareo. Like. Seriously.

-Elder Mumf :)

No comments:

Post a Comment