Monday, January 26, 2015

The untitled email of life in 67ha

Well the cyclone is gone, but everyone says there's gonna be another one coming that's more powerful. We'll see if that ever happens. For now it still rains about every day and I still get to kick off my sunday shoes and wade through some knee deep water. We've had investigators call us and warn us about all the water around their houses. That doesn't stop us though! It almost feels like it could be a Fear Factor challenge. Especially when it's dark and you can't see anything, just feel random stuff brushing up against the legs. I just try not to think about it. And of course I wash my legs down reeeeally good when we get home. Oh the joys of being back in Tana.

So not a whole lot interesting happened this week. We're still trying to find families that will learn from us. I've realized that going around to members is good and all, but it doesn't help the finding new people much when they got no referrals. So we've started tracting a little more. Got some contacts and phone numbers, so hopefully we'll be in business this week with some newbies. This week we got to go on a split with the zone leaders and I got to stay in 67ha with Elder Rousch. And that day our program was filled with brand new people or people I had only seen their house once. I may have got us lost a couple of times, but I surprised myself and was actually able to find everyone eventually. I guess it was good seeing as I could be getting a new companion in a week. That's right, transfers are a week away! I like Elder Tiu just fine, but if I get a new comp that means I'll get outta here faster. It's not that I hate it here, it's just that literally everywhere else is better. But for now I'll keep chugging along and enjoy what I can.

This week also we got a surprise guest at our Ward Conference. President Adams! So I got to sit with him in the congregation and be his translator. Boy. It's one thing to know another language, but another to sit and translate it in real time! There was a few things I missed because everyone was speaking so fast, but I think I did alright. When they were doing the sustainings I saw something I had never before seen in my life, someone opposed. Nothing happened right then but I think there was a little chat afterwards with the people. The ward here is struggling. There's not really any leaders to speak of. There has not been one ward council since I've been here. I've seen before in the mish where when the missionaries and members work together things just go smooth. But that's not the case here. I sure hope things will get better soon. Right now we basically feel like we're working alone. But either way, just doing my best to help the work here progress.

To be honest I don't really have much else. Nothing too weird happened this week. Or maybe interesting stuff happens and I just don't notice it anymore because it's kinda the norm. But next week I'll try to get some stories and experiences up. Sorry this one is kinda lame, but just wanna let you all know that I love you all and I'm so glad I have all of your support. You guys are the tsara indrindra. Have a great week!

-Elder Mumford

No comments:

Post a Comment