Monday, April 13, 2015

One down, Two to go

Well another week is down, this one much faster than past ones. Things have been pretty good here as usual. Still holding down the fort here in the old Soix. And it's been super hot here actually. Which is weird for being the middle of April, but I guess things start getting cold in May, at least that's what they all say. And if I'm in Antsirabe that could be especially cold. But we'll see where I end up. I've got 2 more weeks here. It's so close and yet so far. I'm still just trying to make the most of it and work as hard as I can. It'll be interesting to see where my last 3 months will take me.

So this week, not a whole lot of exciting things especially happened. Except for we had interviews with President Adams. I always love those, he is such a great guy to chat with, and that's pretty much all we did. I got done with the prayer and he told me that it was our last formal interview and then asked me what I wanted to talk about. And with the end coming near I naturally had questions about adjusting to life after the mission. We talked about what I was thinking about going into. He told me to have an open mind in everything and go exploring and interviewing all kinds of people about their careers. I was thinking about going into graphic design, partly because I wanted to avoid the math part of it. But thinking about it now, there really is no way to dance around that. I'm thinking more about going into Architectural Design, or maybe even sticking with my original plan of Mechanical Engineer. He also told me that the best way to prepare was just to work as hard as I can until the moment I get on the plane. Which didn't really surprise me. But I intend to do just that. I know everything will work out the way it needs to and that I still have time to figure it all out. For now, I'm not done with the mission yet and that's what I need to focus on. After the interview I just felt great and rejuvenated. It was just what I needed.

The work has been going a little better this week. We've gotten a lot of new peeps on the program. We've been trying something a little different and telling new investigators straight up that our goal for them is baptism and how that's the only way to get eternal life. You're already baptised in the catholic church? Well you're gonna have to be baptized again. But before that you need to know that all this is true. So listen to us and pray about it. Haha all that kinda seems blunt, but that's kinda how it's been. And so far it's worked. And at the very least it weeds out investigators that aren't going to progress. But people in general have been pretty accepting even after that and are willing to try it out. So hopefully that works better for us. I've learned throughout the mish that it's always the best to be very clear with people about the goal and the why of all this. And this past week we've cranked it up a notch and it's been great.

Anyways, I'm having a hard time thinking about all that went down this week. Plus we're in a little rush to get on to other pday stuff. If I think of stuff I'll get it down next week. For now though, yalls have a great week and know that I love you. Peace out!

-Elder Mumford

No comments:

Post a Comment