Monday, December 16, 2013

Change is not Bad

        Hey hey everyone!!! How's life? Nothing much going on here... Except a lot! Haha. It's been quite the week. Lot's of changes going on. Elder Moulton left for Toliara bright and early Tuesday morning. And Elder Fisher didn't get here until Thursday afternoon, so it was an interesting couple of days. I don't know if I mentioned this yet, but Elder Jensen also got transferred. He's AP now! Crazy stuff. But anyways, so me and Elder Austin were left companionless for a bit, so we ended up being on splits and kindof working both our areas. Which that went well. It was nice seeing some of the people in another area. Then Thursday finally came and I met Elder Fisher at the bus stop. He's a way cool guy from Riverton. Turns out he went to Itenerus with J.R. Landeen! So that's been fun to talk about with him. Our personalities are a lot alike too. A little more softspoken, but not in a bad way. Oh and he went to BYU for a year. Let's just overlook that fact... But I am looking forward to working with him.

      A lot of things were different about this week. I'm now leading the area, which kindof felt like an overwhelming responsibility for someone who's been here 3 months. But it hasn't been too bad. It has forced me to talk to people more. I feel like I've made the most improvement with the language this week. I've said before how my understanding has gotten pretty good, and now the actual speaking is coming along alright too! Still pretty rough most of the time, but I think the rest of my stay here in Tamatave will sharpen that out pretty well. I'm the one that makes all the phone calls now. Which every time I would call someone to confirm an appointment I'd use to always hand it off to someone else. But now I've been able to get through them just fine! So I'm pretty happy about that.

      No funky foods this week. When I got the call to Madagascar I was thinking I'd be eating crazy things every day, like bugs and stuff. But surprisingly the food has still been pretty normal. We're starting to enter into pineapple and peach season, which should be quite delicious! I love how we get all kinds of different fruit here all year long! I may not get Big Macs all the time anymore, but I've got plenty of fruit! Haha :) And lots of rice. Lots and lots of rice.

      So I guess the second round of the elections is coming up here on the 20th. This is where they pick the winner. So there is the possibility that things could get a little crazy sometime soon. I guess last time this happened back in 2009 there was a big dispute about it and there was some violence. But. Worse comes to worse, we'll probably just be on lockdown for a few days. I hope not, but we'll see! I'm just ready for all of that jazz to be over.

      Other than the change, I guess not a whole lot is new here. Like I've said, it's pretty much the same thing every day! Just lots and lots of teaching. Good stuff. No news specifically about the big Skype yet.. I'm guessing it'll probably be around Christmas night for you guys. But I'll let y'all know as soon as I find out more.

       I'm gonna get going on to some other stuff here. But thanks to all of you for your emails and all of your support! I can feel it even being 10,000 miles away! 

Tiako ianareo!

-Elder Mumford


P.S. Failure at taking pics this week... It's been kindof crazy with the changes, so I didn't think to take any.. So I'm sorry!! Next week I'll try to make up for that! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment