Monday, February 10, 2014

6 Months In???

       Another week gone like that. Not gonna lie, some days are slower than others, but the weeks keep on flying, each one faster than the next. It's so weird.

    Haha anyways, hello everyone! How are all y'all doin? I'm still loving it here. Ampitatafika is still treating me well. The work is going well and we're making real progress with the paroasy (ward). But nothing really out of the ordinary happened this past week. I caught a cold, nothing too bad though. Trying to think of other things, but I'm stuck... And because I'm still kinda stuffed up I don't feel like thinking all that much. Haha. So maybe for now I'll talk a little bit more about life in Tana. That alright with you? Well hopefully it is cause I'm going for it anyways.

     We live on the second story of a pretty nice house. It has no A/C anywhere, but that's because there's absolutely no need for one! We have screens on our windows too. That's been super nice! I know that's a random thing to be stoked about, but it's amazing the little things like that you come to appreciate after you've lived a while without it. So yeah, we get a nice breeze without the bugs because of that. I like our house, not as big as the other one in Tamatave, but still nice. I'll have to get pictures up of it one of these days if I can remember. Oh and we do live in our area again which is way nice. But it's a big enough area that we still have to take busses everywhere, so not much different than if we didn't live in the area. The streets are a little more dirtier and there's more annoying vazaha haters here, but it hasn't bothered me much. I still like being more in the hills and mountains. And I love looking out at the seas of green rice paddies. It's nice and cool here. People are always saying how hot it is and I just think they're crazy. Guess that's what happens when you come from working in one of the hottest places in the mission. And every time I feel the heat coming on I just remind myself of those three syllables, Ta-ma-tave, and I instantly feel colder. Works like a charm!

     P-days in Tana are a lot different. There's so much more to do here and so little time. In Tamatave P-days were pretty chill, but here they're almost stressful. Haha. I shouldn't say that. It just requires a lot more planning and time management. It's mostly just the cool shopping places that are around. And we've been talking about going to a lemur park next week, so hopefully that goes through! And if it does, I'll be sure to get lots of pictures.

      I think that's about all I have for the week. I know, kindof a lame short email. Just nothing too exciting happened and I'm still not quite 100% to feel like getting into a whole lot of detail... But next week will be different, I promise! Everything is still going well here. Still getting along with Randri, still making lots of progress with the language, and still working hard. And just keepin on keepin on. I think that'll do it for now. Love you all! Have a great week! Tiako ianareo!!!

-Elder Mumford

P.S. We're at a better cyber today so I should be able to get pictures up on my photobucket. I'll also try to get a few sent out in emails, but if not that then they should at least be up on photobucket. Enjoy!


P.P.S. Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!

-18.935790, 47.485769 The location of our house in Ampitatafika!

Gidro! (lemur) Saw this guy leashed up near an investigators house. Cool huh?


(Some more pictures from photobucket)




















No comments:

Post a Comment