Monday, July 7, 2014

Saying goodbye to be vovoka be, dia lasa aiza?

Hey everyone!! Well. The news is definitely here. But I think I'll make you all read til the end to find out. Mwahaha! No cheating now.

This week was ballin'. Me and Elder Hull both kept healthy and there were no major holidays, so I think that helped a little. It was definitely a jam packed week. Taught 27 times, so it we didn't have much time to go contacting. We're still working hard with the less-actives. Especially the Melchizedek Priesthood holders. It's so sad because we go and visit them and as we're talking they understand completely why they need to be coming to church and they always say that they're coming for sure... But they don't. Sometimes I wish I could just come over and drag them to church, haha. But people have agency, so it would be kinda tsy mety to do that. We're still trying though. And we've seen results, slowly but surely people are coming back. And with that the program has filled itself up with referrals. So yeah, the work is hard, but it's still going.

Lots of madra-pihaona and velomas said this week. I hate saying goodbye. I've been in this area for 6 months. And in that time I've come to love the people that are here. When I'd first tell people that I'll be leaving they took it kinda hard too. I was kinda surprised. But that's the mission right there. There's always change and you just gotta roll with it. With it though I got lots of pictures, it'll always be good to look back on all the memories I've made here. When I come back to Madagascar one day I'll definitely have to come visit good ol Ampitatafika.

Sorry that this email is extremely short... I just have lots to do today to prepare to move out. Trying to keep it somewhat short today so I can get a good head start, so sorry if I don't get to a few of your emails. I'll try my best though! Have a great week everyone!! Tiako ianareo!!! Til next week indray.

-Elder Mumford

P.S. I guess I better put up the news first! I'm still gonna be in Tana, but in the north zone in a place called Akorondrano. I'm gonna whitewash it with a guy named Elder Thompson. I don't really know much about it at the moment... But I've heard it's cool. Even though I didn't get transferred somewhere in Antsirabe, I'm still excited. I've always thought it would be cool to walk into an area and in a sense start from scratch. So we'll see how it goes! Excited for the new adventures I'll have here.

Okay, now for reals I'm gone. Haha love you all!!

Photobucket is being really lame and slow today, so I won't be able to get all my pics up. But here's one of me in my malabary that I had a member make for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment