Monday, April 7, 2014

I'm 20... Whaaaaaa?

Hey there everyone!! It's always so good to log into my account and see 23 emails waiting for me. Haha I feel so loved! You all are the best :) So yeah, I really don't feel 20. When I woke up on Saturday it took me until I had showered and had breakfast before I even realized it was my birthday. Haha I guess that's what happens when you don't keep track of the date! Things like that just kinda sneak up on ya. But I had a really good birthday :) It was basically the same as any other, lots of work, but to me that's a good thing. And I got to open my package!!! Okay, so I have to admit. I just couldn't wait 5 days til I could open it... So somehow the gerber got into my hand and cut open the packages by itself. How that happened, I don't know. But the packages were so great!!! So much food. New socks and white clothing! Haha. And the Christmas letter from the ward made me smile. Just everything did! It all made me feel so happy and spoiled! So thanks to everyone that had a part it it. They were the greatest birthday presents ever :) I didn't really do a whole lot to celebrate. By the end of the day I was wiped as usual. But I did buy myself a 1.5 L bottle of Coke :) Haha not much, but I figured I would splurge a little ;) And today I think I'll go buy myself a new tie. Yay for birthdays!

I don't really have a whole lot to share this week. So this one might be pretty short. I'll probably use the time I have today to respond more personally to emails. But overall, things are still going well here. The work is mandroso-ing. Still progressing. It's looking like we'll have 5 very solid for the baptism on the 19th and hopefully more. So I'm really hoping everything works out for it and we don't have to push it back any further. The lessons are still going very well. I've been getting more compliments on my malagasy. I guess it's usually other people that see your progress before you do, but that's been a boost of confidence for me. And on Sunday it's always a little stressful after the fotoam-bavaka when everyone is coming to talk to me about different things and setting up schedules and whatnot. But when I got back to the house for lunch I realized that I wasn't even thinking about what I was saying, that the malagasy was just flowing out. So I guess that's something! Me and Elder Conoober are still getting along well. We've become pretty good friends this transfer. I don't want to jinx myself again, but I'm gonna kindof miss working with him assuming the transfer news this sunday means our new companions are coming. But I'll have another fun week working with him in both Ampitatafika and Itaosy.

This week was also a little bit hard for me. Tuesday night I got the call from President Adams that Grandma had passed away. I was pretty sad and I still am a little, but I'm doing better now. When I gave Grandma a hug the night before I left for the MTC I had a pretty strong feeling that that would be the last time I'd see her in this life, but still the news came as a surprise. That night I got a little less sleep than normal, but the next day it was time to put on my work boots and go back out to work. And I think that's been the best thing for me. And there's something so soothing about teaching people about the gospel and the plan God has for us. That's been the biggest help for me. I'm still sad about Grandma passing. But I'm also happy with the knowledge that I have that she has only passed from this life on to the next. And it gives me a lot of comfort knowing she's where she can be away from her physical pain that she's been having the past several years. I miss her. But I know she's watching over us now. I love my Grandma :)

Anyways, I'm gonna get going on some other emails and get pics up. I sure do love you all! Thank you for being behind me a hundred percent through all of this. I feel the support and prayers every day! Tiako ianareo!!!

That 20 year old kid out in Madagascar,

-Elder Mumford

Just thought I'd share this picture with y'all! Thanks again for the package and everything! I felt so spoiled!








Olombelona tsy Akoho




No comments:

Post a Comment